Update: Recently we asked LocalSC visitors how they felt about storm damage to the cement ship.
- It’s not like it’s going anywhere, even as a reef it will still be really cool.
- It’s really exciting to see the ship change and evolve.
- It’s nice to remember how much fun I had there years ago.
- The ship is an eyesore and I have no heart.
- It’s terrible, I hate to see the cement ship go away.
- I want to see the ship last forever, they should rebuild it.
The Results are in: People love the Cement Ship and even as a reef it will still be cool!
With our most recent string of storms we can all agree that the cement ship has taken a beating, but many of us have mixed feelings on what that means for the cement ship. Is this the beginning of the end or is this just another exciting phase in the long life of Aptos’ Cement Ship?
Circa 1980s, Silver Strand, San Diego: cement boat was anchored in small bay off Silver Strand. Do you have any information on that watercraft?
I’d love to see the Aptos ship repaired and truly hope that’s possible.